Useful Roundabout Spotting Jargon
- abbreviation of roundabouts.
- a roundabout consisting of bricks only.
BULLS EYE P.M.T.
- a Painted Mini Traffic-Island encompassed by two painted outer concentric circles. Popular in the town of Swindon.
- a roundabout encompassed by inclined chevron brickwork.
- an extremely large and lush island.
- a somewhat un-interesting island with nothing on it. Can be made more interesting if placed in an exotic or unusual location. Thinking about it there is no such thing as an un-interesting roundabout.
- a roundabout encompassed by two sets of kerb stones.
- a traffic island made up of a raised inner core and a lower outer core.
- a roundabout spotter who takes our hobby too seriously. Endeavour to avoid being left on your own in the pub with this person after your local UKRAS branch meeting.
- a roundabout that boasts a statue, classic sculpture or monument etc.
- God’s Wonderful Roundabouts.
- a roundabout with the X-Factor.
- a day spent roundabout spotting.
KNIGHT OF THE ROUNDABOUT TABLE
- fully fledged, signed-up, paid up, initiated, has a funny handshake, holds membership certificate, card carrying member of UK Roundabout Appreciation Society.
KNIGHT OF THE INNER RING
- fully fledged, signed-up, paid up, initiated, has a funny handshake, holds membership certificate, card carrying member of the UK Roundabout Appreciation Society (but with duties).
LORD OF THE RINGS
- President of UKRAS. Our Gyratory Guru.
- Island in Full Bloom.
- another term for roundabout.
- Painted Mini Traffic island.
- a roundabout with a red painted halo around its perimeter (not an ailment).
- Chairman, UKRAS.
- a group of like-minded traffic island enthusiasts who have formed their own roundabout spotting club. Perfectly respectable and legal.
- a dedicated one-way gyratory enthusiast, always wears a cheerful smile no matter what the weather. Turns the other cheek in the face of ridicule. Is never without his/her thermos flask and anorak.
- grass only roundabout.
TITCHMARSH TRAFFIC ISLAND
- a roundabout displaying flowers in full bloom.
- acronym, the United Kingdom Roundabout Appreciation Society.
WE ARE OPEN TO ANY ADDED SUGGESTIONS.